NCTE New Norms, Standards and Procedure on Teacher Education CoursesA Country's future depends on the youth in that country. Tomorrow's youth is today's children. So, Children should be educated in right manner i.e., they should be educated in curricular and Co-curricular sides all round development should be done. They should be educated in problem solving manner and not in Question answer method they should be ready for creations, inventions, responding in accurate manner for some critical incidents. Education should be in this manner and make children ready to face all these emotions. This happens only when they are educated by well trained teachers. Now teacher education is modified according to the usage of new generation.
New Teacher Education Courses Details
The Period of B.Ed., M.Ed., B.P.ed., M.P.Ed are raised to 2 years from 1 year. The Integrated courses B.A-B.Ed., B.Sc-B.Ed., B.El.Ed are going to be start, for this central govt released Gazette notification. These will be implemented from the date of Notification released. These will be implemented from next year because counselling has completed.
Duration and Working Days of Teacher Education Courses as per NCTE Norms 2014
|S.No.||Course Name||Duration||Working Days|
|1||Diploma in early childhood education programme leading to Diploma in Preschool Education (DPSE)||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|2||Elementary teacher education programme leading to Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.).||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|3||Bachelor of elementary teacher education programme leading to Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) degree.||4 Years|
|4||Bachelor of education programme leading to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree.||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|5||Master of education programme leading to Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree.||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|6||Diploma in physical education programme leading to Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed.).||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|7||Bachelor of physical education programme leading to Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) degree||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days|
|8||Master of physical education programme leading to Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.) degree||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|9||Diploma in elementary education programme through Open and Distance Learning System leading to Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.)||2 Years|
|10||Bachelor of education programme through Open and Distance Learning System leading to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree.||2 Years|
|11||Diploma in arts education (Visual Arts) programme leading to Diploma in Arts Education (Visual Arts)||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|12||Diploma in arts education (Performing Arts) programme leading to Diploma in Arts Eduction (Performing Arts)||2 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|13||4-year Integrated programme leading to B.A.B.Ed./B.Sc.B.Ed. degree.||4 Years||Atleast 200 Working Days each year|
|14||Bachelor of education programme (Part Time) leading to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree.||3 Years||120 Working Days each year each year|
|15||B.Ed. M.Ed (3 years integrated) programme leading to B.Ed. M.Ed (Integrated) degree.||3 Years||215 Working Days each year each year|
Weightage for Internals and practicals
candidates who are pursuing their courses will be given 20 to 30 percent marks for project work, practicals etc., declares by the affiliated govt. institutions for the rest of 70 to 80 percent of marks written test will be conducted. Grading will be given for total scores (Internal + Written Test). Attendance of students and Lecturers should be 80 percent and for teaching practice 90 percent of attendance should be maintained.
1. 200 working days are compulsory.
2. 36 hours classes should be conducted in a week.
3. 40 days of school internship is raised up to 140 days.
First year--4 weeks.
Second Year - 16 weeks.
1. Diploma in early child hood education (D.El.Ed) 2 years course , BTC, JBT, D.Ed is now named as (D.El.Ed).
2. The new course B.El.Ed is four year professional degree course. Students who completes Inter are eligible to study this course.
3. These are eligible to teach I to VIII where B.Ed students are not eligible.
4. Marks are given as follows:
60 percent for Written test.
40 percent for Internals (20% Internship + 20% Innovation, Feild work, Research, Practicals)
5. The period of B.Ed is raised for 2 years from 1 year syllabus is also completely changed.
6. M.Ed is also changed for 2 years course and 4 weeks of field level research is additional.
7. D.P.Ed is 2 year course from now on onwards who completed this course are eligible for P.E.T posts.
8. B.P.Ed and M.P.Ed courses are also changed as two year courses.
1. The new integrated courses B.Sc B.Ed , B.A.-B.Ed are implemented. These have 8 semesters. Its period is 4 years and can completed in 6 years. It should have 250 working days.
2. Computer, Gender, Yoga, Education are the subjects. Internship will be in 3rd and 4th Years.
3. Internals :20% to 40% marks and Written Test: 60% to 80% marks.
4. Integrated B.A - M.Ed is a new course of 3 years. It should 215 working days. College should be work/function 107 weeks. PG holders are eligible for this course. More details on NCTE Website.